If you're waiting for the worlds 'Holy Men' to tell you the truth about their religions, do you suppose they'll mention that:
- The Tao Te Ching was only created because Lao Tzu was thrown in jail by a disciple who didn't want to let him leave town without writing down his teachings.
- Carpocrates, an early Christian Gnostic, argued that sex orgies were the key to salvation.
- The most influential figure in the American Revolution was often called a 'filthy little atheist.'
- Moses was one of the greatest mass murderers of all time.
- The Catholic Church put a pope on trial for perjurylong after he was deadand placed his corpse on the stand.
- Magic mushrooms were an important part of the creation of Hinduism.
Adding to its popular "50 Things Youre Not Supposed To Know" series, disinformation has teamed with Daniele Bolelli author, philosopher, professor of comparative religion and renowned martial arts practitioner to tackle an ever more serious and important topic: our popular misconceptions about religion.
Capturing just the right balance of in-depth knowledge, respect, humor and irreverence, Bolelli takes an ecumenical approach to the task, revealing surprising, shocking, and little known facts about the 'Big Three' religions but also many more, including Zen Buddhism, Shamanism, Confucianism, Zoroastrianism and, of course, that increasingly popular so-called non-religion, Atheism.